Healthy Eating Made Possible
Hemp Food Basics
Hemp Milk is Raw, Vegan, Gluten Free and more nutritious than other milks. It also serves as a base for many other food and skincare recipes.
- 100g Organic Hulled Hemp Seeds
- 25g Organic Almonds
- 1-2 tsp Cinnamon (optional)
- 1 drop Organic Vanilla Extract
- Soak ingredients in 250ml water for 24 hours. No need to heat.
- Blend all ingredients thoroughly using a high powered blender.
- Add a further 250ml water.
- Add the Cinnamon and Vanilla.
- Blend again.
- Filter through a cloth. (the residue can be dried and used as high protein flour in other recipes)
- Chill for at least one hour.
- 1-2 fresh Figs
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground Cardamom
- 1 Banana or other fresh fruit
- 1 tbsp Carob/Caco powder
- 1/2 cup Carot juice to 1/2 cup Hemp milk
- Raw Honey or Maple Syrup with Nutmeg
- 110g Organic Coarse Hemp Powder
- 280g stone-ground whole Wheat flour
- 2 eggs
- 190ml water
- 1tsp salt
- 1tbsp Organic Hemp Seed Oil
- In a mixing bowl, add egg, salt and oil to the flour.
- Knead to make a dough that doesn't stick to your hands (add more flour or water as necessary).
- Leave to sit for 30 minutes.
- Cut a palm size piece of dough, roll out and dust with flour.
- Knead by hand for at least five more minutes. Alternatively, run the dough through at the thickest setting of your pasta machine. Fold and dust the dough and run through again before repeating using medium setting.
- If working by hand roll the smooth elastic dough out to 50cm by 40cm, 2mm thick on a floured surface. With the machine use thinnest setting to repeat and pull the pasta away from the end, this time without folding.
- You now have the basic pasta sheet which can be cut into various shapes, cooked and served with a tomato, fresh basil pesto, garlic, oregano and olive oil sauce (see sauce section) or fungi royale. To make tagliatelle, cut into 5mm strips.
Garlic & Ginger Hemp DressingINGREDIENTS
- 150ml Organic Hemp Seed Oil
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Tamari (Hemp Tamari if available)
- 1 tbsp Tahini
- 1 tsp Ginger, freshly grated
- 1 clove Garlic, grated or minced
Combine all in a blender. Use for any salad or vegetable dishes.
Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner
Hemp Magic SmoothieINGREDIENTS
- 50g Organic Hulled Hemp Seeds
- 50g soaked and pitted Dates
- 1 Banana
- 1 cup Rejuvelac
Blend all except hemp, strain and serve mixed with the hemp seeds.
Raw Thai Hemp CurryCURRY INGREDIENTS
- 1/4 cup Red Pepper or mild Chilli, diced
- 1/2 cup Cauliflower, grated
- 1 tbsp Sweet Potato, diced
- 1 cup Kale or other greens, chopped
- 1 Carrot, grated
- 1 tbsp Currants, soaked
- 1/4 Coconut, juiced (use 2 tbsp Water in your juicer to produce this coconut milk) or
- 4 tbsp Dried coconut
- 1/4 cup Organic Hemp Milk
- 1 tsp Lemongrass
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 small Chilli, chopped finely or to taste
- 1 bunch fresh Coriander or to taste
- Mix all curry ingredients in a large serving bowl.
- Add other fresh ingredients to taste.
- Blend all sauce ingredients in a blender and pour over curry.
- Serve with fresh Coriander
Tofu Hemp CheesecakeBASE INGREDIENTS
- 350g Digestive Biscuits, low-fat vegan
- 100g Organic Coarse Hemp Powder or Organic Hemp Protein or Ground Organic Hulled Hemp Seeds
- 75g Organic Hemp Butter or non-hydrogenated Margarine
- 500g Organic Tofu
- 3 tbsp Golden Syrup
- 75g Raw Cane Sugar, light
- Juice 1 Lemon
- Pinch Salt
- 2 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon (none if using Raspberries)
- 2 large Bananas or 200-300g Raspberries
- Blend base ingredients well in food processor, pat into tin, put into fridge.
- Whisk all ingredients until they form smooth thick liquid, pour into tin and place in oven, 180°C, for 35-40 minutes.
- Texture should be of a mousse (not too runny, not too firm). Cover with a sprinkle of de-hulled Hemp seeds and leave to cool in a fridge before serving.
Hemp Seed ShampooINGREDIENTS
- 1/4 cup grated Soap (Castile Soap is a common choice)
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1/2 teaspoon Organic Hemp Seed Oil
- 2 tablespoons Glycerine
- Few drops of Essential Oil (optional, for fragrance or therapeutic properties)
- Dissolve the soap in the hot water.
- Stir in the Hemp Oil.
- Add the Glycerine and any Essential Oils you might want. You can add more if more fragrance, if desired.
- Pour the Shampoo into your bottles and seal the caps tight.
- Shake well and let them sit for 24 hours before use.
- Shake gently before each use to blend the oils through the Shampoo
Hemp Body CreamINGREDIENTS
- 1 tablespoon Castor Oil
- 1 tablespoon Sunflower Oil
- 1 tablespoon Organic Hemp Seed Oil
- 1 tablespoon Organic Hulled Hemp Seeds
- 1 tablespoon Beeswax
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 20 drops of Essential Oil
- Melt the wax and Coconut oil together in a double boiler over a low heat.
- When they have melted together, add the Honey and combine well.
- Keep stirring constantly and add Sunflower and Castor Oil.
- As the mixture begins to cool, add the Hemp Seed Oil, Hulled Hemp Seed and Essential Oil.
- Stir until cool and creamy, this will prevent the water and oil separating.
- Then decant into airtight jars.
- Clear jars must be kept in a dark place to preserve the essential oils and fragile essential fatty acids in the Hemp Seed and Hemp oil
- Before going to bed, massage the cream all over the body.
Hemp Body ScrubHemp Protein is easily digestible with 65% globulin edestin and 35% albumin protein, more than any other plant. These substances aid digestion and assimilation, and are in a form similar to that found in blood plasma. Great for dry hair and skin, as it nourishes you. Hemp Protein powder is used in a skincare product (body scrub) as exfoliant. INGREDIENTS
- Add essential oil to the Hemp Protein Powder in a glass or ceramic bowl, stir thoroughly.
- Gradually add the hemp seed oil, stirring continuously.
- Stop when the scrub reaches the consistency of moist sand.