Gluten Free. Contains eggs & dairy.
Time: 40-50 mins to bake and 10 mins to prep.
|1||red onion, finely chopped|
|4||small carrots, finely chopped|
|2||red banana peppers OR 1 red capsium, finely chopped|
|1/2 tbsp||dried oregano|
|salt to season|
|oil for frying|
|1 1/2 cups||almond meal/flour|
|1/2 cup||coconut flour|
|1 1/2 tbsp||chia seeds|
|1 tsp||baking powder|
|1/2 tsp||baking soda|
|1/4 cup||organic hemp seeds|
|2 tsp||garlic powder|
|6||free range eggs|
|1/4 cup||olive oil (try using a light tasting oil)|
|1 tbsp||maple syrup|
|1/4 cup||grated parmesan cheese (optional or sub for a dairy free version)|
|7-9||cherry tomatoes, cut in half|
|2 tbsp||chopped fresh parsley|
|hemp seed oil to drizzle on top|
1. Pre-heat oven to 180C. Line a bread tin with baking paper.
2. Use two mixing bowls. In one of the bowls, combine all dry ingredients and put to the side.
3. Add 3 tbsp olive oil to a non-stick fry pan and heat over a medium-high flame setting. Once heated, add veggies and saute them until they are soft and caramelised for about 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
4. In another mixing bowl, whisk all wet ingredients together. Add the cooled veggies. Ensure veggies are not too hot or you risk cooking the eggs.
5. Make a well in the centre of the dry mixture, pour in the wet mixture and fold well. Pour the mixture into the baking tin and smooth the top with a spatula. Dot with tomatoes (cut side facing up), sprinkle over parmesan cheese and parsley.
6. Turn down the oven to 170C. Bake in the oven for 40-50 minutes. To check if cooked, press your finger on top - if there is good resistance, it's ready!
7. Finish by drizzling over some hemp seed oil over the top of the bread. Let it cool completely in the tin before cutting and eating.
Storage idea: cut the bread into slices and keep in fridge for at least a week or the freezer for a couple of months.
Recipe by @thegirlinthegreenapron.