Proteins are an important macronutrient that function as the building blocks of our bodies. Unfortunately in the standard western diet, it can often be a matter or quantity over quality. The quality of a protein source is not just determined by how much protein is contained within each serve, but also how easy it is for the body to digest and assimilate.
Hemp seeds are incredibly nutrient dense and are easy to digest, making them the single best plant-based sources of protein.
1. Protein That Your Body Can Easily Digest
The proteins found in hemp are edestin and albumin which are forms of high quality storage proteins that are already used within our body’s blood and immune system. This makes hemp protein easily recognizable and assimilated into our body when we consume it.
2. Contains all 9 essential amino acids
What a lot of people may not be aware of, is that protein is made up of an amino acid chain. Our bodies use these amino acids in metabolic processes such as muscle building and repair. Hemp contains all of the 9 essential amino acids that the body does not produce itself.
3. Nutrient PowerhouseHemp seeds are one of the most nutrient rich sources of protein. Also containing significant sources of essential fatty acids, magnesium, iron, potassium, calcium, vitamin E, vitamin B and zinc.
4. Allergen Friendly
Hemp has no reported cases of allergies. Making it suitable for people with food sensitivities. It is also gluten free. It also doesn’t contain any enzyme inhibitors making it very easy for the body to digest.
5. Genuine Natural Wholefood
Hemp is a natural wholefood. Unlike many other protein powders, hemp requires very little processing to yield a powder that is over 50% protein. Other sources such as rice require chemical processes to turn it into protein powder whereas hemp is simply pressed, grinded and filtered.
6. Toxin Free
Hemp from Hemp Foods Australia is organic and non-GMO, making it a natural and toxin free source of protein.
7. Low in Carbohydrates
Hemp is low in carbohydrates, whilst being rich in healthy fats and protein. This makes hemp an ideal food for those who are following a low carbohydrate or ketogenic diet.
8. Super VersatileHemp is so versatile! The powder can be used in protein shakes and desserts whilst the hemp hearts can be sprinkled on top of your meals, and the oil can be incorporated into your dressings and marinades.
Wow! Hemp is such a tasty versatile Food! Love the protein kick!