CINNAMON CRUNCH GRANOLA
Nothing beats homemade granola, fresh from the oven, making the house smell like heaven. Most granola recipes are loaded with sugar, making it difficult for people who follow low carb, diabetic friendly or ketogenic diets to find a good one to enjoy. Luckily, we’ve got you covered with this nutrient dense, gluten free and low carb granola. This recipe also makes for healthy snacks, simply layer with coconut yoghurt and fruit for a tasty parfait.
Servings: 8 Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook time: 25 Minutes
10 grams hemp seeds
25 grams pumpkin seeds
25 grams sunflower seeds
25 grams macadamia nuts
25 grams walnuts
½ tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp cardamom
Dash of nutmeg
Pinch of sea salt
20 grams natvia (or other refined sugar free sweetener to taste)
1 tbsp coconut oil
1. Preheat the oven to 160 Degrees Celsius.
2. Place all ingredients into a mixing bowl and stir until well combined.
3. Place onto a baking tray lined with baking paper. Press into an even single layer.
4. Bake at 160 Degrees Celsius for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven; give the granola a toss and return to the oven for another 10 minutes or until nicely toasted.
5. Store in an airtight container. Serve with you favourite plant yoghurt or plant mylk and healthy toppings. Try Coconut chips and berries. Enjoy!
Guest Blog written by Maz Valcorza - Author of Uncooked & The Naked Vegan, Maz has been working with healthy vegan and allergy friendly foods for the last 6 years. Maz is also an Everyday Vegan on www.everydayvegan.tv where her role is to create and run online courses teaching viewers how to make healthy and delicious vegan food. She loves food and lives for sharing how easy and awesome it is to connect with ourselves, each other and our planet through nourishing our bodies and souls..... follow Maz on instagram.